Last revised: 19 Sep 2022
We have made every effort to keep our policy clear, open and simple – please read carefully to understand our practices and policies regarding your personal data.
Who controls and processes your data
The Walk With You website, iOS and Android apps (collectively “W2Y” or “site”) are a commercial product and service operated by W2Y Applications LTD, company number 13396194 registered in England and Wales.
Our data processor contact details are:
- Website Address: http://walkwithyou.co.uk
- Company Name: W2Y Applications LTD
- For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you through our website and mobile apps:
- Information you put into forms and input fields.
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, as an organiser.
- Details of visits to our sites and the features you use.
- Information about your device (e.g. your IP address, web browser, operating system) for system administration, debugging and aggregate reporting.
We take the privacy and security of your data seriously, and adhere to GDPR to ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following core basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
We use the following third party services to support the Services W2Y offers:
Google Play Services
For Android users that connect Google Fit with W2Y, W2Y may collect and process your exercise, activity and sleep data. Our use of the information received from Google Fit will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the site.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
- recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our site.
- customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site.
Performance and measurement
- collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users.]
How we use the data we collect
We use information about you to:
- Present site content effectively to you.
- Carry out our service with your challenge organiser.
- Tell you about our service, updates and features. We will also let your challenge organiser do this and we (or they) may contact you.
In addition, if you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the other reasons set out in this section and policy, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this will limit our ability to provide our services to you, both now and in the future.
In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
If you are participating in a team challenge, either with your company or with other W2Y users, your personal information, including name, email address and all other profile information, may be passed to the data controller / challenge organiser – i.e. the organisation, business or group or individual which either purchased the license for your W2Y Team Challenge or created themselves from within the mobile app. We are not liable for the organiser’s use of your data outside of our system, and you should contact them if you have any concerns about their use of your data.
Where we store your data
We store your collected data on servers within the US (United States Of America). Your data may, however, be transferred and processed outside of the US – e.g. to our trusted partners for email delivery. By giving us your personal data, you agree to this storage and transfer arrangement. We make every reasonable effort to keep your data secure. Remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and W2Y cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of any breach, W2Y stands fully indemnified of any cost or consequence thereof.
We do not store or transmit confidential payment information – instead this is handled directly by our payment processor and exchanged for a secure token.
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we conduct regular reviews to audit recorded personal data, and your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it. If you want us to remove your data, please reach out to email@example.com
When we disclose your information
We disclose your data and personal information in the following cases:
- We disclose and present your information to the challenge organiser – i.e. the organisation, business or group or individual which either purchased the license for your W2Y Team Challenge or created themselves from within the mobile app
- We can disclose if we have a legal obligation to do so, or in order to protect other people’s property, safety or rights.
- We can exchange information with others to protect against fraud or criminal activity.
We also contract trusted third parties to supply certain services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search index tools, reporting, email delivery providers and our accounting software. In some cases, third parties may require access to some or all of your data and personal information. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is handled safely and securely. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose, and in the event of any breach of this obligation by third parties, W2Y stands fully indemnified of any cost or consequence thereof.
If you are an UK or EEA resident, then under the GDPR, you have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- restrict processing;
- to object to processing of your personal data; and
- complain to a supervisory authority.
Links to other sites
Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you visit via a link from our site, nor to websites who link to our service. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.